16 Red Brook Road
Mahopac, NY 10541
845 621 4677
Click here to read past newsletters
Please click here for my new updated website and blog.
Laurie Currie teaches the Alexander Technique in Mahopac, Putnam County, New York, located close to the Westchester border.
You can benefit from the Alexander Technique if you suffer from:
- Chronic back, neck or shoulder pain
- Tension, fatigue, anxiety
- Breathing difficulties
- Stress-related disorders
- Repetitive-motion injuries
- Recovery from injury or surgery
The Alexander Technique can also benefit:
- Musicians, singers, actors, dancers
- Public speakers, business professionals
- Athletes, fitness enthusiasts
- Pregnant women, new parents
- Anyone wishing for effective self-care tools
- Anyone interested in body/mind connection
Alexander Technique featured on NPR (National Public Radio) - Joe Rodriguez, a professional trumpet player, talks with NPR reporter Sarah Varney about how lessons in the AT have enabled him to relieve the chronic back pain he had experienced from four decades of trumpet playing. The interview includes comments by his teacher, AmSAT member Josephine Gray, and Paul Little, author of a research study published in the British Medical Journal. In that study those who had 24 lessons went from 21 days of a month in pain down to 3. Paul Little says that the research showed "a really dramatic difference" in back pain relief after lessons in the Alexander Technique from teachers affiliated with AmSAT. A video about the study is included on the NPR website.