Many riders have found the Alexander Technique helpful in developing their riding skills. Sally Swift, the developer of Centered Riding, placed a great deal of emphasis on the Technique in her program.
Click for audio Interviews about the Alexander Technique and riding.
Find videos about the Alexander Technique and riding here.
Books about Alexander Technique are riding can be found here.
Articles about the Alexander Technique and Riding:
- The Posture does the Riding
- Riding with your Eyes Closed
- How do I Become Fully Absorbed with the Horse and Dressage?
- The Alexander Technique: How it Helps Horseback Rider
- The Alexander Technique as a Path to Harmony Between Horse and Rider
- Improve your Ride with the Alexander Technique – Part 1
- Improve your Ride with the Alexander Technique – Part 2
- A Conversation with Sally Swift – Sally was the developer of Centered Riding
- Every Little Thing She Does: Applying the Alexander Technique to working on your seat on the longe
- Dressage Links
- Horse Sense and Sensibility – Teaching horses; learning from horses